twilight

My favourite time of the day is just after the sunset. I like to look outside my window and just see how the birds fly back to their homes. And how the setting sun casts a soft, mellow hue that spreads across the sky. And the evening temple bells in the distance.

There is something calming of just watching everyone come home.
Home, that is the personification of - safety, love, care, food. And amidst this corona virus scare, that we are held lockdown in our homes, I come to treasure this place I take for granted. Not like I wasn't grateful before, but sometimes the perspective changes and at other times it deepens.

I have felt hopeless a lot lately and I am trying to take each day as it comes. My feelings of hopelessness dwell around these thoughts - what world have I got Kabeer into. It doesn't seem to get better anyday, only worse. Before the covid19 scare set in, we were fighting caste violence in the country and before that aarey trees and the world I see around myself devoid of nature and practically we are living in a cocoon of selfishness. And the cynic in me is winning over the optimist in me. And I try harder each day to do kinder things, make Kabeer a better and kinder person. And I will continue to do that. And often enough the routines dont let you be what you wish for yourself to be. I am acknowledging it and trying to be a better person one day at a time. a lot of my anguish comes from wanting an ideal world and fighting for it, but I am learning to let go and doing things that I can do and not holding a moral high ground or judgement against many things (something Gaurav taught me)


This post is therefore the twilight for me. I am accepting the dark within me and letting it be. And instead of resenting it, accepting it and looking forward to forge a new dawn for myself and the little world of my son. And in smaller ways, trying to make this world a better place.



Sharing a poem, a friend shared with me, when I was feeling all desolate and it did comfort me.

SWEET DARKNESS
David Whyte

When your eyes are tired
the world is tired also.
When your vision has gone
no part of the world can find you.
It’s time to go into the night
where the dark has eyes
to recognize its own.
It’s time to go into the dark
where the night has eyes
to recognize its own.
There you
can be sure
you are not beyond love.
The dark will make a home for you tonight.
The night
will give you a horizon
further than you can see.
You must learn one thing.
The world was made to be free in.
Give up all the other worlds
except the one to which you belong.
Sometimes it takes darkness and the sweet
confinement of your aloneness
to learn
anything or anyone
that does not bring you alive
is too small for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

today

racism

i have learned