If you are here, you have a good reason to be here.
A note for you Parag.
We became friends much later in life, but I can call you one of my closest and dear friends. Talking about everything comes very easily with you. You offer me a safe space to be. And that is important for a person like me who grapples with anxiety. You allow me to breathe and let me be myself. There are no judgements, no reactions when I tell you how I feel about things. There is a gentleness, where I can come and rest for a while. I feel unburdened in your presence. I have needed that lately. You gave me space to heal. So when you were gone for the longest time, I was hurt and lost. But slowly I found a way back to myself. I have worked away the misplaced anger and resentment and today, there is just affection for you.
When I think of you, it is this photo that comes to my mind. It captures the essence of who you are. If there was one word I would use to describe you - it would be 'gentle'. The way I see it, kind eyes, that crinkle up when you laugh and a huge heart that embraces me and gives me kindness and love when I forget to give it to myself.
So...
Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for choosing me. I will always choose you.
And someday lets climb a mountain and sit there in silence and just be awed and humbled by nature. A feeling of comfortable silence, that perhaps we both will feel and never be able to put it in words.
A note for you Parag.
We became friends much later in life, but I can call you one of my closest and dear friends. Talking about everything comes very easily with you. You offer me a safe space to be. And that is important for a person like me who grapples with anxiety. You allow me to breathe and let me be myself. There are no judgements, no reactions when I tell you how I feel about things. There is a gentleness, where I can come and rest for a while. I feel unburdened in your presence. I have needed that lately. You gave me space to heal. So when you were gone for the longest time, I was hurt and lost. But slowly I found a way back to myself. I have worked away the misplaced anger and resentment and today, there is just affection for you.
When I think of you, it is this photo that comes to my mind. It captures the essence of who you are. If there was one word I would use to describe you - it would be 'gentle'. The way I see it, kind eyes, that crinkle up when you laugh and a huge heart that embraces me and gives me kindness and love when I forget to give it to myself.
So...
Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for choosing me. I will always choose you.
And someday lets climb a mountain and sit there in silence and just be awed and humbled by nature. A feeling of comfortable silence, that perhaps we both will feel and never be able to put it in words.
----------------------
p.s.: Parag, you inspire to become a better person. I am learning how to let things go and working on patience. I look at you and I'm like how can a person be so sorted? always so calm? And here I am all worked up in the slightest. So, I often ask myself in the face of conflict of how you would have handled it, and it helps me create a space within me.I do slip back to my old ways, but you help me find a way back. Life has been kind to me and let our paths cross. You are one of my blessings.

Comments